Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: no sound with Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    no sound with Knoppix 3.3

    I am using Knoppix 3.3 and I am not able to use sound. I use the professional but fully supported RME Hammerfall.

    Anyone?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Have you tried typing knoppix alsa at bootup?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    No icons, so give him the troll-icon instead ;-)

    how can I do that?

    thanks for your help btw!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    When you boot on the CD, type on the line BOOT :

    knoppix alsa

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    still no luck

    yes, thanks. I misread your reply.

    no, that's still not working. I tried to runn Knoppix on my Sony laptop using the same soundcard, but this time it's uaing the cardbus (PCMCIA). Still no luck...

    mmm. any ideas?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    The output of
    Code:
    lspci -v
    could be useful. Would you mind posting it ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    In the meantime, a long shot would be to set the bios to "non-plug and play" and reboot with

    boot: knoppix alsa

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    I am a newby

    I am now running my Sony laptop for Knoppix. I typed the lspci -v command under the root-shell. But how can I get that text into a file to I can share it? Print+Screen doesn't seem to work like under Windows. Please let me know how I can send the command info to a file, then I will copy it to my other machine and post it here.

    I am trying to write about my Linux experiments... must be nice for newbies like me check http://www.raapie.nl/linux/

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    typing "lspci -v > pcifile" will make a file named pcifile.
    You can check it by typing "cat pcifile"

  10. #10
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    thanks

    I will try later.

    probably my soundcard, RME Hammerfall, is not supported. I runned sndconfig from the Rool shell. It did show me a message 'A PCI sound card was found...' but the another dialog showing 'The RME Hammerfall DSP is not supported'.

    So I think it's not supported, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Soundblaster Audigy and Knoppix 3.6 sound then no sound!
    By spitfire in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
  2. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  4. Maxi Sound Muse half channels sound
    By dobell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
  5. SOund BLAster 5.1 on Knoppix 3.3 no sound
    By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor

$55.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99