Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with modules.dep

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382

    Problem with modules.dep

    I'm having an issue with my modules.dep file. When I boot up it can't find it, and it's looking in /lib/modules/extra when my modules.dep seems to be located in /lib/modules/linux-2.4.22-xfs (I think that's where it was). So it can't load any of my modules. How can I change where it looks for the modules.dep file in? Thanks...btw, I'm not completely sure what I did to screw it up like this...I assume it was messing around with ALSA.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    I had this same problem. I solved it by creating the directory extra within /lib /modules and using the command touch to create a modules.dep within the new directory. To test it, I issued the command depmod -a. Everything seems to work ok now.

    I'd be interested to know if anybody has an explanation as to why this happened.

    I'm running knoppix 3.3 V3.3-2003-11-19.

    mjb0314

Similar Threads

  1. minrt26 modules for custom kernel and linuxrc problem.
    By marksalot in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:53 PM
  2. Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
    By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  3. modules in /etc/modules not loading
    By gus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
  4. Modules.conf more recent the modules.dep
    By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
  5. modules.conf, what it is for ?
    By garyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter

$169.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46