Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can someone help me after upgrading hard drive install?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greater Manchester, UK
    Posts
    5

    Can someone help me after upgrading hard drive install?

    I have upgraded my system after installing to hard drive. To upgrade I used Synaptic Software Manager. After the install of the packages I rebooted the system and during boot up get error as follows;

    britty(54: Opened device /dev/ttys0 is not a tty!
    britty(54: TSI Driver giving up.

    This repeats itself over and over again indefinitely at the root prompt. If I am quick enough I can press enter and type in startx and X will start and load into KDE. Can anyone help me with this error and advise if I need to configure/remove or update anything else to correct this?

    Thanks in anticipation.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Hi I ran into the same thing do an apt-get dist-upgrade. It seems to only happen for me on my laptop. I am assuming its some kind of keyboard device/braille/monitor. I did a Ctrl+C. That gives you temporary break from the screen filling up with the same errors but better is a prompt. Type

    kill 548

    or what ever the process id number is for me it was 393
    If you dont type it in time and brltty starts runnin again. You can usually ignore the monitor and focus on you fingers by typing it exactly right.
    As long as we are at the command line type
    su
    apt-get remove brltty

    That should do it.
    Its good to know that I will be still able to surf the net if I ever lose my sight.
    Good luck
    johnb

Similar Threads

  1. Loadlin for Hard Drive Install?
    By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
  2. Hard Drive install
    By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
  3. Getting More Help With a Hard Drive Install
    By brianfay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
  4. Hard drive Install
    By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
  5. Hard Drive Install Experience
    By gabbman in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99