Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I could run Knoppix 3.1 but not 3.3

  1. #1

    I could run Knoppix 3.1 but not 3.3

    I have an LSI SCSI card which requires the sym53c8x.o module. I have version 3.1 of Knoppix together with the above module on a floppy. This works well.

    I have downloaded version Knoppix 3.3 and have a 2.4.22 kernel module as mentioned above. However after the module is loaded and although the CD-ROM activity light comes on I get the dreaded 'Cannot find Knoppix filesystem' and am dumped into a shell.

    The CD boots perfectly well on both my other computers.

    Any pointers would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    8
    Please see the boot trick I've sent to lil_slice on the 19th; hope this helps...

  3. #3
    I think that you have mis-understood my problem.

    The Knoppix CD will boot. Yhe SCSI module for my card will load but the Knoppix filesystem is then not found even though the CD activity light comes on supposedly indicating that the CD drive is found.

    Thanks for your efforts.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    29
    I also have close problem with only one IDE HDD.
    Peanut-9.5, Fedora, and Knoppix-3.2 have no such problems, but Knoppix-3.3 refuses to accept HD during booting, and next, fdisk and cfdisk says: No partition table, and all HDD is free. So, mount, remount do not see HD either and says “Can’t find file system on …” Although, CDROM and USB CDRW work.

    Only CD booted Knopix-3.3 has in /proc/kmsg

    <4>hda: host protected area => 1
    <3>hda: drive not ready for command
    <6>VFS: can’t find ext2 filesystem on dev ide0(3,1,2,3)

    As only Knoppix-3.3 has this problem, its looks like that vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs causes it. I never set any passwords or any in this PC.
    What is a problem? How to overwrite it?? If I’ll find it I’ll post it here

    Look in you /proc/kmsg for this. May be this is common for Knoppix-3.3 problem. If so, we should contact Knoppix authors.

    Best, Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$378.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



** LOT OF 9 ** Micron MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G6E1 8GB DDR4 PC4-2666V Desktop Memory picture

** LOT OF 9 ** Micron MTA8ATF1G64AZ-2G6E1 8GB DDR4 PC4-2666V Desktop Memory

$270.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39