Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: using two videocards

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1

    using two videocards

    Hi!

    I've to say, that i'm also a Mircoshit user and really new with linux.

    I'v got the low-energy Via Epia-M Mainboard with an S3 VGA-Card onboard and a secondary PCI Radeon 9000. ( http://www.viavpsd.com/ ) << currently down!?

    Now I want to decide at bootpromt or before X starts, which card to use. WinXp is able to use both cards at the same time, but WinXp isn't working that stable °°

    I know, that you can configure Knoppix to use kdm with one card and xdm with another, or so?!? does anyone know how?

    acid.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Try:
    Code:
    X :0.1 | xterm -display :0.1 -e kde3
    in one of the main consoles.

    I suggest you simply disable the onboard video in the bios(unless your using it for something special).

    Now I want to decide at bootpromt or before X starts, which card to use.
    I think you can use the "linux single" command at the bootpromt and start X from a console(if you don't mind the hassle).

Similar Threads

  1. Modern videocards. Proprietary drivers
    By epdm2be in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 05:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive picture

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive

$109.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00