-

Originally Posted by
oaaltone

Originally Posted by
garyng
just copy the big 700M file from the CD to c:\knoppix\ so it becomes c:\knoppix\knoppix and boot with the CD-ROM.
I am assuming your c: is FAT, if it is NTFS this won't work(well may be it would work as the cloop may have been recoded to cope with NTFS, haven't tested that for a long time).
I'm aware of this workaround, but was not aware that it would work with my NTFS partition. I will give it a shot later.
The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
oaaltone
The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...
-

Originally Posted by
windos_no_thanks

Originally Posted by
oaaltone
The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...
Definitely something to consider. MandrakeMove boots off the USB drive fine... but Knoppix is a much better LiveCD distro.
Similar Threads
-
By growngizmo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
-
By jerome in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B 2U Rack Server POWER7 3.0GHz 32GB DDR3 No HDD
$429.99

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99