Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: How to boot knoppix with USB CDROM

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    just copy the big 700M file from the CD to c:\knoppix\ so it becomes c:\knoppix\knoppix and boot with the CD-ROM.

    I am assuming your c: is FAT, if it is NTFS this won't work(well may be it would work as the cloop may have been recoded to cope with NTFS, haven't tested that for a long time).
    I'm aware of this workaround, but was not aware that it would work with my NTFS partition. I will give it a shot later.
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
    Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by windos_no_thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
    Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...
    Definitely something to consider. MandrakeMove boots off the USB drive fine... but Knoppix is a much better LiveCD distro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7, 2.6.x, bios-unsopported cdrom, boot from floppy
    By growngizmo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
  2. Cheatcode dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
  3. boot knoppix from scsi cdrom
    By jerome in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
  4. Possible help if you can't get Knoppix to boot from cdrom
    By rickenbacherus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$125.00



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU

$109.99