Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: How to boot knoppix with USB CDROM

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    just copy the big 700M file from the CD to c:\knoppix\ so it becomes c:\knoppix\knoppix and boot with the CD-ROM.

    I am assuming your c: is FAT, if it is NTFS this won't work(well may be it would work as the cloop may have been recoded to cope with NTFS, haven't tested that for a long time).
    I'm aware of this workaround, but was not aware that it would work with my NTFS partition. I will give it a shot later.
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
    Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by windos_no_thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oaaltone
    The FAQ says it won't work, so I didn't even bother trying. Anyone want to tell me how to make an .iso from Windows with USB support, or perhaps send one to me?
    Doing it in windos is probably very difficult if not impossible. But USB based CD drives are becoming common especially with light notebooks so I think that would be a good thing for Klaus or someone doing a remaster to consider. I'd try it myself but I don't have any hardware to test it on...
    Definitely something to consider. MandrakeMove boots off the USB drive fine... but Knoppix is a much better LiveCD distro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7, 2.6.x, bios-unsopported cdrom, boot from floppy
    By growngizmo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
  2. Cheatcode dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
  3. boot knoppix from scsi cdrom
    By jerome in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:38 AM
  4. Possible help if you can't get Knoppix to boot from cdrom
    By rickenbacherus in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 12:12 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine picture

Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine

$25.00



Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module picture

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module

$105.00



Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m picture

Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m

$73.99