Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: no internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1

    no internet

    when i ran knoppix from cd internet worked fine.. but after succesfull install my internet is gone..
    i already have these lines in my interfaces file
    Code:
    auto eth0 
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    ips are done with dhcp. can anytone help me?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2

    Not sure myself....

    I've got the same problem and i have no real idea on how to fix it, but someone did mention that if you ran netcardconfig as root from a shell, it should help you get on to the internet...it does not seem to save this setting and the next time you boot you may have to run the command again. At least with me it doe not save the setting. It might save it for you.

    Is there anyone out there who know how to fix this so I don't have to keep doing this at boot up?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    If you do not have to use dhcp and you know the settings for you IP address, gateway etc. then just re-install and when the script asks you if you want to use dhcp click no enter your settings and when you re-boot you will be automatically connected. The dhcp did not seem to work for me so that's how I got it to work.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    hdd install - no internet

    I had same problem.

    My system is external dial-up modem plus ethernet card for home network.

    I could connect to my ISP with KPPP but could not access the web, email etc.
    Solved problem by booting from Knoppix CD and copy the following files to the HDD install:-

    /etc/resolve.conf
    /etc/host.conf
    /etc/hostname
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/hosts.allow
    /etc/hosts.deny
    /etc/network.interfaces.

    After rebott, 'net access worked.

    trueocker

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1
    I'm a newbie and saw the post which was what I was looking for. I tried netcardconfig in the command line and WHAM! I'm on line. I don't want to reinstall Knoppix as I've don't it too many times. I finallly have a Debian distro. It is better than Libranet. :P

Similar Threads

  1. CAN NOT get on the internet
    By Kung in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 01:03 AM
  2. Can't go on internet
    By Expera in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
  3. INTERNET HOW TO?
    By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
  4. internet help ????
    By oomzoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 08:01 PM
  5. No internet!!!
    By linux03 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$37.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99