-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.3 only creates one partition with the ext3 f
Hello
Right now I am still running SuSe 8.2 with the following hard
disk configuration
/dev/hda6 7341440 5870408 1471032 80% /
/dev/hda8 1172672 723876 448796 62% /home
/dev/hda6 on / type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /home type reiserfs (rw)
Hda7 is the swap partition.
Now I wanted not to touch this partitions but to install
knoppix on hda6 with reiserfs.
I booted the
New Knoppix release V3.3-2003-11-19
everything went fine.
The installation program seems to me knoppix installer run as root, I
can then have a look at the configuration and the hard disk partition,
everything is fine, but when I select install, knoppix offers me to
install the system on hda6 with ext3, no option for reiserfs!!!
Additionally a message occurs that /hda7 and /hda8 will be used as
swap, which is not what I want /dev/hda8 is my home directory.
What did I miss?
Thanks
Uwe Brauer
Similar Threads
-
By leoneill in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By wartiger in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By viet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:16 PM
-
By DrMartinus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Mac OS 8 CD-ROM Installation Disc 1997 Mint Condition Vintage
$99.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Apple Macintosh Powerbook 170 M5409 for Parts Clean Mac Vintage Laptop
$100.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99