Which installer are you using?
Hello
Right now I am still running SuSe 8.2 with the following hard
disk configuration
/dev/hda6 7341440 5870408 1471032 80% /
/dev/hda8 1172672 723876 448796 62% /home
/dev/hda6 on / type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /home type reiserfs (rw)
Hda7 is the swap partition.
Now I wanted not to touch this partitions but to install
knoppix on hda6 with reiserfs.
I booted the
New Knoppix release V3.3-2003-11-19
everything went fine.
The installation program seems to me knoppix installer run as root, I
can then have a look at the configuration and the hard disk partition,
everything is fine, but when I select install, knoppix offers me to
install the system on hda6 with ext3, no option for reiserfs!!!
Additionally a message occurs that /hda7 and /hda8 will be used as
swap, which is not what I want /dev/hda8 is my home directory.
What did I miss?
Thanks
Uwe Brauer
Which installer are you using?
I did not emphasize enough:Originally Posted by fingers99
knoppix-installer
I did not find any other, I heard about harddisk installer or so, but this I did not
find on the CD
knx-hdinstall is the other one, it supports reiserfs
thanksOriginally Posted by windos_no_thanks
ok i try that one just wondering why the knoppix installer is nice but so restrictive,
Knoppix-installer is the better script in my opinion. When you use it it tells you that some setting can only be changed by editing a saved configuration file.
Run the script, configure the installation and then save it.
Navigate to /home/knoppix and edit the file with a text editor.
Change filesystem type to reiser, default=ext3. Swap config can be altered although knoppix does this automattically at boot up anyway.
Hello,Originally Posted by kelmo
thanks for this one.
I could give this a try, but I also prefer always to have a /home partition apart, I presume
this can be done also.
Still I think it would be best if both installers could be merged, or just to add to the
knoppix installer the possibilty of chosing the partition and their type.
It is a little strange to have to nice installers but both are not perfect, but could be enhanced
as it seems to me easily.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00