I have several winmodems working fine in linux; and the info in this is post got my laptop one working:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050
You might want to make sure knoppix has minicom. I assumed it would, since it's about detecting hardware and everything. When I installed mdk 9.2, I had to select it manually along with kppp. So you'll want to check on it. I found this on google -it might get you started, though I don't see the commands like AT anywhere.
http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/l...minicom.1.html
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Remote-S...-minicom.shtml
I have several winmodems working fine in linux; and the info in this is post got my laptop one working:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59