Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Internal modem; anyone get one to work???

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    You might want to make sure knoppix has minicom. I assumed it would, since it's about detecting hardware and everything. When I installed mdk 9.2, I had to select it manually along with kppp. So you'll want to check on it. I found this on google -it might get you started, though I don't see the commands like AT anywhere.

    http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/topics/l...minicom.1.html
    http://www.linux.com/howtos/Remote-S...-minicom.shtml

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    106
    I have several winmodems working fine in linux; and the info in this is post got my laptop one working:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2050

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Internal Modem on Knoppix
    By cegas in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 07:13 AM
  2. Toshiba internal modem /lucent modem
    By ottosykora in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:58 PM
  3. How To Install Modem Aztech Internal Modem Msp3880
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
  4. internal modem problem
    By tsitras in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 04:47 AM
  5. Internal Modem not detected
    By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



VTG 2001 Apple Mac OS X v10.0.3 Retail Software CD OEM With SEALED Manual See.. picture

VTG 2001 Apple Mac OS X v10.0.3 Retail Software CD OEM With SEALED Manual See..

$48.97



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



VTG Apple 600-9200-A ibook Media Mac OS X iBook Install Discs Software Restore picture

VTG Apple 600-9200-A ibook Media Mac OS X iBook Install Discs Software Restore

$24.97



Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag picture

Vintage MacLuggage I/O Design Carrying Case Apple Macintosh Plus SE Classic Bag

$89.95



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box picture

Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box

$643.08



Vintage 2005 Mac mini, 1st generation original model. 1.25GHz G4 CPU, A1103 picture

Vintage 2005 Mac mini, 1st generation original model. 1.25GHz G4 CPU, A1103

$75.00



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$224.10



Retro iMac G3

Retro iMac G3 "Sorry, No Beige" Premium Mug – 11oz of Pure 1998 Energy

$11.00