Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: kdevelop doesn't seem to work...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    kdevelop doesn't seem to work...

    Hello everyone!

    I installed knoppix on my hard drive and I use it as a full distro, because I really never found any other distro able to offer the stability and cool tools of a debian distro AND a very easy setup method (lilo detected everything at first time!!!). I'm very very pleased with knoppix.

    Just one *little* thing.
    Whenever I run KDevelop or any other c++ IDE I can't compile!!! And neither open a new file with kdevelop... the buttons are disables, both to compile and open a new file. But I'm sure my system can compile, coz I compiled and installed plenty of files from sources.

    Any idea?

  2. #2

    Same problem

    Im running knoppix from the CD and find that I have the same problem with Kdevelop. No open or compile/execute options. I am very interested in resolving the issue or suggestion on how to get started.

    wombat

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Whenever I run KDevelop or any other c++ IDE I can't compile!!! And neither open a new file with kdevelop... the buttons are disables, both to compile and open a new file. But I'm sure my system can compile, coz I compiled and installed plenty of files from sources.
    First, in kdevelop, go "build -> configure"

    Then, "build -> make"

    If it still doesn't compile: In a console, go into your project directory and type:
    Code:
    /.configure
    then:
    Code:
    make

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    I can't go in "build -> configure" menu or anything like that because all the buttons in the menu are disabled. Also, well, I can compile projects which have a configuration script and a makefile, but there's no way I can compile a SIMPLE and plain "Hello World" -like program!!! Simply I can't create new files, or I can't open existing ones. I think maybe this could be understandable for a CD based distro, because they normally don't have any compiler enabled (even if knoppix could be special, since it lets you have a persistent /home directory on your hd, if you like, even without doing the hd install). I just don't know what to do. Furthermore, if I make a simple "hello world" program, gcc gives me an error when I compile it, during the linking procedure... and g++ doesn't seem to work. BUT I can compile projects which have a makefile, with the normal procedure:
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ su
    $Password: <password>
    # make install

    I'd just like a working IDE for c++... I tried Anjuta or something else, but they all have the same problem... like if some setting were disabled globally. Jave IDE, like NetBeans, runs fine, thanks God... any clue?

Similar Threads

  1. Kdevelop
    By MRA in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:48 AM
  2. KDevelop / c++ Development
    By AS in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:36 PM
  3. need KDevelop help!!!!
    By permutations in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
  4. KDE with KDevelop
    By Spyder_Snyper in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:19 AM
  5. apt-get Dependencies for kdevelop xlibs-pic
    By code-pupil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 08:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99