Knoppix works fine with Presario 2100 booting with
knoppix acpi=off
or
knoppix26 acpi=off
Otherwise boot fails.
Everything seem to work except wireless card (not tested, it may work)
ciao!!!
I looked for an experience of installation of Knoppix on this laptop, on "Linux on laptop" website but I did not find any. Does anybody have ever tryed it? How does it work with the acpi support? I tryed the cd of the latest release on my 2118EA and it worked fine except that the ventilator does not stop !! I am beginner and I don't know how to fix this and I guess it is because of the acpi support.
Thanks for your help.
Mendoza
Knoppix works fine with Presario 2100 booting with
knoppix acpi=off
or
knoppix26 acpi=off
Otherwise boot fails.
Everything seem to work except wireless card (not tested, it may work)
ciao!!!
On my presario 2195us the "knoppix26 nolapic" boot option not only enables
acpi but straightens out some irq routing conflicts with pcmcia.
Give it a try.
Boot like you normally do and cat /proc/interrupts
Boot "knoppix26 nolapic" and cat /proc/interrupts
notice the diff?
ls /proc/acpi
:P

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99