Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix cant find file system

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix cant find file system

    hello new to the forums and knoppix as well. I had downloaded knoppix a while back version 3.1 and it worked fine (after seeing it on tech tv show the screen savers) I was running and intel celeron 850 256 sdram. I know have two AMD machines one is and athlon xp 1500 the other my machine is and athlon 2600+ with 256 ddr ram pc2100. I have failed to start knoppix on either machine first error I recived was "error only one processor found" I then found a cheat code "nosmp" and it got rid of that problem. But the next problem showed up saying can't find knoppix file system. I dont think it could be the cd or where I downloaded the iso image because it worked fine on the intel celeron 850. I then downloaded knoppix version 3.3 in 3.3 i got no error for the processor but in the next step it starts to probe scsi and bamb "can't find knoppix file system" Oh my mother board is and arbatron k600pro with a via chipset. Any help will be greatly appreaciated. I also have two hard drives "internal" one 20gb (windows partition) 40(just back up) and I am booting from a external usb Iomega cr-rw drive. I have usb ports on the mother board and i also have a 2.0 extention card. The on board usb ports say 1.1 but in the bios (phoniex bios) it says enable usb 2.0 support which i guess turns the 1.1 into 2.0 because I dont get that windows error that says "you have entered a non hi speed device into a usb port" could the usb be a problem. Thanx for any help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    I think the usb cdrom is your problem. I can only guess that your bios provides minimal support for starting off the cd, but when the kernel has been loaded it does not find the usb unit and the compressed file system it needs to proceed. I may be wrong, though... If your hard disk is formatted in fat32, you could try the so-called poor man's install (see the "docs" section of this site).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4
    Baldyeti thanx for the reply. but is there any measures I can take its a fairly new mother board with the latest version of the phoinex bios. I was able to install windows xp pro from my usb cd-rom. I have a usb 2.0 that connects onto the mother board I will try to boot from that and see what happens. I am currently booting from the onboard usb ports. Thanx 4 your help

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2
    try:

    knoppix nodma
    or knoppix26 nodma

Similar Threads

  1. Can't Find Knoppix File System
    By crism in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:46 PM
  2. Knoppix cannot find file system
    By snippy in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
  3. Can't find KNOPPIX file system
    By Spool32 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
  4. Can't Find KNOPPIX File System..
    By MR.Error in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
  5. HELP..... Knoppix can't find File System
    By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested picture

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested

$999.99



Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000 picture

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000

$40.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$74.99



Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000 picture

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000

$324.99



Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working picture

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working

$599.00



A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit picture

A500 512KB RAM Memory Card with (Built-In) Real Time Clock - New by Amiga-Kit

$40.00



Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers picture

Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers

$1352.99



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Commodore Amiga 500 PCB Motherboard Replacement Board for Retro Homebrew Build picture

Commodore Amiga 500 PCB Motherboard Replacement Board for Retro Homebrew Build

$49.99