-
Knoppix cant find file system
hello new to the forums and knoppix as well. I had downloaded knoppix a while back version 3.1 and it worked fine (after seeing it on tech tv show the screen savers) I was running and intel celeron 850 256 sdram. I know have two AMD machines one is and athlon xp 1500 the other my machine is and athlon 2600+ with 256 ddr ram pc2100. I have failed to start knoppix on either machine first error I recived was "error only one processor found" I then found a cheat code "nosmp" and it got rid of that problem. But the next problem showed up saying can't find knoppix file system. I dont think it could be the cd or where I downloaded the iso image because it worked fine on the intel celeron 850. I then downloaded knoppix version 3.3 in 3.3 i got no error for the processor but in the next step it starts to probe scsi and bamb "can't find knoppix file system" Oh my mother board is and arbatron k600pro with a via chipset. Any help will be greatly appreaciated. I also have two hard drives "internal" one 20gb (windows partition) 40(just back up) and I am booting from a external usb Iomega cr-rw drive. I have usb ports on the mother board and i also have a 2.0 extention card. The on board usb ports say 1.1 but in the bios (phoniex bios) it says enable usb 2.0 support which i guess turns the 1.1 into 2.0 because I dont get that windows error that says "you have entered a non hi speed device into a usb port" could the usb be a problem. Thanx for any help
Similar Threads
-
By crism in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 06:46 PM
-
By snippy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Spool32 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By MR.Error in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
-
By BiggJeff74 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor
$85.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i5-6500 Processor (3.2GHz, 4 Core, LGA1151 Socket) - SR2L6
$10.00

Intel Core i7-8700 3.20GHz 6-Core CPU Processor SR3QS LGA1151
$75.00

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99