Do you mean that the boot freezes after this message, refusing to proceed? Have you tried "knoppix alsa" at the boot prompt?
Hi all. For some reasone when i run knoppix from cd, when it detects the sound card it says "soundcard:modprobe: modprobe:can't locate module sound slot -0
modprobe: modprobe:cant locate modyle sound-service-0-0"
any clues as to how i can bypass this. I have an HP omnibook 4150 laptop.
At the boot I did type "knoppix noaudio" btw....
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, as i am now stuck with having no OS, after i scratched my windows 2000 cd up
All the more reason i should switch to something better...
You can always MSN, or ICQ me, I'm very much so stuck on this.
Do you mean that the boot freezes after this message, refusing to proceed? Have you tried "knoppix alsa" at the boot prompt?
Yes i did try that. the same thing occured. I also tried going to expert mode, and selecting what i want loaded. After it asked me if i want to reconfigure the mouse, the same thing occured (it bypassed the sound without a problem)
I went to the failsafe option, and it's been loading fine so far (it's writing paging files right now), but i'm sure that it skipped apm, and other useful modules, that i will most probably need for my laptop... any ideas....
There is an article here that ddresses your very problem. It might be obsolete though, since it refers to the 2.2.x kernel. You could try and see if the modules they had to load still exist under 2.4.x.
I got my Omnibook 4150 going by doing: "knoppix noagm"Originally Posted by RayN
before doing that, it used to hang after the "configuring devices ... Done" stage.
Then, once up, I got the sound going by opening a shell, typing: sudo su (to be root user), then typing:
Some of that may be redundant and there may be easier ways to do it at boot time, but haven't played too much (this is what worked for me on an old redhat install too).Code:insmod soundcore insmod sound insmod mpu 401 insmod opl3 io=0x388 insmod ad1848 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
Whoops, I meant: "knoppix noagp"[/quote]I got my Omnibook 4150 going by doing: "knoppix noagm"

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31
Hynix 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server Memory HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN
$650.00
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99