Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: HOLY SH*T!!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8

    HOLY SH*T!!!!

    I got the ISO burned and I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY!!! I've been futzing with another Linux distro for a while, but I'd read good things about Knoppix and gave it a try.

    Holy Smoke! What a great first impression. Knoppix read my machine like a book. Correctly configured all my vid/graphic stuff, recognized all my network stuff, supported my CD/DVD drive, picked up my two Windows drives, etc.... I didn't have to touch a thing.

    These guys kick ass!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Welcome to the wild world of Knoppix. Look for even better things to come.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13
    Knoppix is the shiznit.

    Im a network administrator at a financial securitys lawfirm. I use knoppix every single day since I discovered it.

    Times Knoppix has saved my ass: 32
    Times Knoppix has let me down: 0

    not too mention the times its saved my own personal winblows machine.

    thanks klaus


  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --ROOT, man. Word!! U *GO*, buoy!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leg0z
    Knoppix is the shiznit.

    Im a network administrator at a financial securitys lawfirm. I use knoppix every single day since I discovered it.

    Times Knoppix has saved my ass: 32
    Times Knoppix has let me down: 0

    not too mention the times its saved my own personal winblows machine.

    thanks klaus


  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    It looks great! Have been waiting months for this. A couple little things I noticed though:

    • AntiAliasing seems to have no effect...whether it's on or off theres no change in the quality of the rendering on my laptop. (hmm, also I wonder if theres some way to detect laptops so subpixel could be enabled...)
    • Some software (e.g. gimp) is on the iso but doesn't seem to be in the kde menus.
    • The graphics in the kicker don't seem to be as crisp as they are on the boot splashscreen or on my gentoo box.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by thadk
    It looks great! Have been waiting months for this. A couple little things I noticed though:

    [list][*] AntiAliasing seems to have no effect...whether it's on or off theres no change in the quality of the rendering on my laptop. (hmm, also I wonder if theres some way to detect laptops so subpixel could be enabled...)
    Hmm...I"m not sure if you're refering to the remasterd version of Knoppix that eadz (the guy who runs this site) has produced, but if not you should check it out. It has GREAT aa fonts. It has KDE 3.1 on it and uses KDE apps almost exclusively, but it does have Gimp on it (though not in the menus).

    You can find the link to it here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixKDE

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    19
    yup, donno how the post ended up in this thread. Must have misposted...

Similar Threads

  1. Holy ****, need help urgently....
    By scottdavies2k in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$135.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$281.25