-
Knoppix 3.3 can't boot. corrupt image?
Hi. I couln't find an answer to this by searching, I'm trying a first-time attempt at burning a bootable CD.
I downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-03-EN.iso and burnt using Nero 6.3.0.2, I can't boot from the resulting CD, the light flashes as if it's trying to read it, then reverts to booting off the hard disk. In windows XP I can't read the CD, I get the message "Disk not formatted" - "Windows cannot read from this disk ,it may be corrupt, or in a format not used by windows"
I though I may have a bad burn, so I tried mounting the .iso with Virtual DAEMON manager 3.44. Trying to browse the image that way gives the same error.
Is this a bad image? Should I try d/l again? Should I be able to browse the CD with WinXP after burning?
Similar Threads
-
By funkymonk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:44 PM
-
By JOHNRR12 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 12:17 AM
-
By cool-andy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:25 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 03:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors
$290.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99