-
ACX100 driver in 3.4 ?
I have a D-Link Air-Plus DWL- 650+ WLAN card that isn't being recognized by Knoppix. I've seen there is a driver available (http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php#app_b) but it looks like a lot of work and since I don't have a linux partition on my notebook (or anywhere else to keep a persistent home dir) it's something I'd have to repeat on every boot.
So, I'm hoping someone out there has a better grasp of this and has taken the next step of doing a remaster that includes this driver.
(and that they're the generous sort who'd like to make it available for download.... )
If I were a bit more ambitious and/or Linux savvy I'd remaster a CD to include the driver but I'm too busy and too much of a Linux noob.
I'd be really happy if there was support for the TI ACX100 chipset on the next Knoppix release. If someone (smarter and harder working than me) has already made a remaster to include this driver (or is planning on doing so) please let me know.
Does anyone know if the next release is acx100 friendly? It would make my knoppix experience on my notebook go so much moe smoothly.
Thanks,
Walter
-
update
Sadly the is no remake with driver yet as it is still not stable (even though it is for me
the site you mentioned has been updated to include some precompiled drivers for Knoppix 3.3
I have made modules for various distro s. This includes 3.4 of Knoppix. Using the scripts and saving it knoppix config work so good it is not much of an inconvenience. (i just make sure i click on the start_net script i modified on my desktop and im all set)
It will be included in time; just not yet.
nknownuser at shaw dot ca if more questions.
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:55 AM
-
By bobdenar in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By gecco in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By abyssknight in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:40 AM
-
By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage PC Internal USB Header Cable Expansion Bracket Serial Port Audio Cables
$19.99

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare
$48.66

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Acer Acernote Light Pentium CPU/16MB RAM/800MB w/ Accessories Bag As Is
$119.95

Vintage Apple Computer - WWDC 2000 - Blue Logo Bag
$495.00

HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused
$99.99

WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181
$27.97

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz Nvidia 4GB Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50+ Games
$449.00