Perhaps one of the following cheat codes will help:
Try "knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98" at boot prompt.
Try "knoppix nowheelmouse" at boot prompt.
i tried using knoppix on the said laptop and at first, everything went well, but as soon as the GUI interface starts, my mouse cursor just stays in the middle and when i try to move the cursor using the finger pad, it won't move at all. I also tried to reboot it and connected a ps/2 mouse, but then again, the same problem occurs: the finger pad does not work as well as the ps/2 mouse...
what can i do?
Perhaps one of the following cheat codes will help:
Try "knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98" at boot prompt.
Try "knoppix nowheelmouse" at boot prompt.
apparently, the codes didn't work... thanks anyway...
FYI, i'm also using the fb1280x1024 boot option since the GUI is garbled up when i try using it with the standard "knoppix boot options...
pls help... anything else i can do?
I think, the Armada E500 has a LCD of 1024x768 pixels.
Try fb1024x768, please.
Hi,
I have an Armada 500. I am typing this message on one right now.
It has an 800x600 resolution, but I suppose models have been made with larger screens.
I also had GUI problems.
When booting, it complained about invalid options and asked me to select a correct one from a list or just hit enter. I always hit enter and it worked.
I found the solution though: the first line in /etc/lilo.conf was the culprit.
It reads something like: VGA=791
This number represents the framebuffermode during boot. And 791 is a 16-bit 1024x768 resolution. Too much for my box. A 16-bit 800x600 would be 788.
After that, no more problems with GUI.
Cheers,
JR
Hi,
Me again...![]()
I forgot that I was actually going to say something about my mouse.
I have a two-button-and-scollwheel mouse connected through ps2. It says compaq on the mouse, but it is a logitech mouse really.
Both the touch pad and the mouse work fine.... most of the time.
It does happen that the computer fails to detect them. Sometimes at boot, sometimes when I switch consoles with Ctrl-Alt-Fx. Restarting X usually helps but it is very annoying. It is the one reason why I might kick knoppix off the harddisk and try mepis instead. Otherwise 10 out of 10 for knoppix on this machine...
But here's my mouse config:
Perhaps this is of any help to you.Code:Section "ServerLayout" Identifier "XFree86 Configured" Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard" InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer" # Serial Mouse not detected # USB Mouse not detected EndSection Section "InputDevice" Identifier "PS/2 Mouse" Driver "mouse" Option "Protocol" "imps/2" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" Option "Device" "/dev/psaux" Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true" Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70" Option "SendCoreEvents" "true" EndSection
Perhaps someone can tell me if the source of my problems is in here...
Cheers,
JR

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95