-
Live CD Shutdown Problem
After knoppix live CD shuts my system down and I power on my system again, I get no POST, no beeps, nothing except power indicator light and harddrive indicator light on steadily. If I then power down, unplug the powercord from the PC and wait for a 10-count, then power up again, everything is normal and I boot to Win2k. Even unplugging from outlet doesn't seem to work--I have to disconnect the powercord from the PC.
I'm trying various live cd's to see what I like before I actually install a distro, and so far knoppix is the only one that does this. I've tried several times to be sure it wasn't a fluke. While this won't be an ongoing problem, I'm curious about why it might be happening.
Similar Threads
-
By jeremy in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
-
By mpunekar in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 08:30 AM
-
By Area Man in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:27 PM
-
By alekhine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00