Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: QT Error compiling KBiff

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    27

    QT Error compiling KBiff

    I would like to install KBiff and since I cann't find it prebuilt for Debian, I have downloaded the source and tried to compile, well, I didn't get further than configure... There is a problem with finding the QT version. I have tried to add all the fields but when I type:

    ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 -with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib

    I get the following error:

    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: QT Error compiling KBiff

    Quote Originally Posted by timread
    I would like to install KBiff and since I cann't find it prebuilt for Debian, I have downloaded the source and tried to compile, well, I didn't get further than configure... There is a problem with finding the QT version. I have tried to add all the fields but when I type:

    ./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 -with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib

    I get the following error:

    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!


    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Tim
    From the Debian KDE wiki so it looks like you should check to make sure you have both the required packages installed if you do you should visit the page and go to the suggested link.

    3) Other Questions:



    I can't compile KDE programs - it can't find Qt libraries.



    If you get an error about missing Qt libraries when compiling programs for KDE3 on Debian, try running configure with the following option:

    --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3




    If this still doesn't work, and you definately have kdelibs-dev and libqt3-compat-headers installed, try reading the "Qt-Trouble" document or asking on [email protected] for help.

Similar Threads

  1. Compiling?
    By Jameson in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
  2. Compiling
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 07:58 PM
  4. Error compiling cloop module
    By dafne in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 02:19 PM
  5. Error When Compiling KDELibs3.1
    By knopkop in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server picture

IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server

$999.95



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays picture

IBM System x3755 M3 2U Rackmount Server – No Drives or Trays

$150.00



IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD picture

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD

$87.96