-
Restarting networking after apm induced suspend.
Hi,
I've got a hard disk install of knoppix on my Portege 3480, I'm using a Cardbus Xircom Realport ethernet adapter and it's running great.
I've installed Toshutils to handle the advanced power management stuff and that works too, so that when I close the lid of the laptop it automatically goes to sleep (I assume a "suspend").
The problem I have is that when I open the lid of the laptop my networking doesn't restart.
I've tried creating a script called "networking" in /etc/apm/event.d and making it executable with "chmod 755 networking". Contents of script below:
Code:
#! /bin/sh
if [ "$1" = suspend ]; then
/etc/init.d/networking stop
elif [ "$1" = resume ] && [ "$2" != standby ]; then
/etc/init.d/networking restart
fi
I got this from a combination of 00hwclock in /etc/apm/event.d and hunting around on the net. Problem is, that it doesn't seem to work.
Questions:
1.) How can I check if my script is actually being executed when the laptop resumes?
2.) Assuming it is actually running, is this script correct/suitable?
Thanks !
Similar Threads
-
By jcasp in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 11:51 PM
-
By AlBorland in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 08:24 PM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 10:11 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00