-
burn cds in knoppix
i have knoppix installed on my hd is there a program I can use to burn cds with it ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can use k3b or xcdroast. You should run them as root the first time so that they can be set up to allow a user to run them. As root in a terminal, just type "k3b" or "xcdroast" to run. Of course if they are not installed, install with apt-get (apt-get install k3b)
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...
But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?
Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh
Cuddles
[we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
While on the subject - forgive me, I haven't had the chance to fire up k3b yet, with all the apt-gets and upgrades I've been doing to get new system happy...
But, having a CD-RW, does k3b have options for re-writting? And, one last Q -=- Can it work on both data CD's, as well as burning audio cd's?
Thanks, I have been wondering during all the work I've been doing, but haven't had the opportunity to work on the smaller things - like even finding out if my CD-RW even works. Shesh
Cuddles
[we now return you to your original bandwidth, already in progress]
It can do all that no problem it will even automatically erase the CD/DVD -+RW and you will really like the burning of audio CD's on the fly (at least I do), drag'n'drop the files in the project area see how much time you have left on the CD and press burn and select your speed and watch it go.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Cool
I have so much to learn in Knoppix/Debian, and so little time. I have been having so much fun just getting and setting up new screensavers and games - can you tell where my "priorities" are here? [giggle]
I've been using Debian, from a HD Install of Knoppix, for just over four weeks now, and STILL have a lot of things I need to learn... [what does this do? Ooops, don't use that! what does this do? Ohhhh, thats neat! what does this do? Hmmmm, nice, I like it, store that for future use! stuff]
I'm like a kid in a candy store, with an all expenses paid account
Wooooo-Hoooooo [lol]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Warwizard in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
-
By tup34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
-
By Brujah_prime1 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
-
By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:11 PM
-
By mann in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2003, 01:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E16 Gen 2 Intel Core Ultra 5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$500.00

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00