-
Is my memory Gone?!
Hi, I am a newbie to Linux and not very computer hightech. I got the Knoppix CD and proceeded with trying it out. I loaded into it fine the first time I tried but when I was using it on KDE all the icons and everything disappeared randomly. I didn't know what happened so I tried to shut it down. I couldn't figure out how to shutdown the system, though, so finally I just hit the button on my CPU.
The problem is that now when I try to load into Knoppix with the CD I get errors about a lack of memory for running KDE. It says I need 85 memory. My RAM should have like 125 at the least, but I am wondering if shutting down Knoppix screwed up my RAM. What should I do and how do I fix this? Thanks, any info will really help.
Similar Threads
-
By bob151 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By billyjobob in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
-
By pro-logic in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1 lot of (17) SSDs and 1 lot of (59) Intel Xeon W-1250 Processors.
$3000.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor
$28.00

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99