-
Is my memory Gone?!
Hi, I am a newbie to Linux and not very computer hightech. I got the Knoppix CD and proceeded with trying it out. I loaded into it fine the first time I tried but when I was using it on KDE all the icons and everything disappeared randomly. I didn't know what happened so I tried to shut it down. I couldn't figure out how to shutdown the system, though, so finally I just hit the button on my CPU.
The problem is that now when I try to load into Knoppix with the CD I get errors about a lack of memory for running KDE. It says I need 85 memory. My RAM should have like 125 at the least, but I am wondering if shutting down Knoppix screwed up my RAM. What should I do and how do I fix this? Thanks, any info will really help.
Similar Threads
-
By bob151 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By pjafrombbay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By billyjobob in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
-
By pro-logic in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" Sata SSD Drive MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512 Health Above 90
$52.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$25.00