-
Just an update...
When I boot the laptop, I get:
LILO 22.5.x (can't remember the exact version number)
Loading Linux..........................................
BIOS Data Check Successful
Then a blank screen and nothing else.
When I try booting with a Knoppix boot floppy, I get lots of:
hda lost interupt
Perhaps I've just got some IRQ problems????
Thinking that it may be a hardware problem with the IDE controller, I did some checking. Turns out, the IDE controller is integrated in the motherboard (not surprising for a laptop). I found a source for a replacement motherboard, but they wanted $700+ for it!!! Me thinks I may have to give up on this little project.
I found several working systems and parts boxes on eBay. I may bid on some of that stuff and see if I can come out with a working laptop.
BR
Similar Threads
-
By simonmac2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By jumpyclip in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:02 AM
-
By Ashy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:21 AM
-
By Onetrack in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 05:30 AM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99