-
Hello I'm reading this thread with much interest. I recent got a Dell Latitude XP 4100CX from a friend to toy around with. It to lacks a cd drive and I have never had a laptop so this is my first. I downloaded and ran Blueflops Linux on my laptop so far. While I dont have a ethernet card in it as of yet to see if blueflops can get online. I have a modem card but I dont have dialup service
From reading these other posts I assume I can get a HD adapter put the HD from my Laptop in my main computer then boot the Knoppix CD run the install program onto the laptops HD then after that's complete reinstall the HD to the laptop then boot it and configure it? I have done one other Knoppix install on a old gateway 133mhz desktop system and it runs fine though slow. This is very exciting for me so any info you can provide will be great.
Anyways on another note it has win95b and I am going to try and buy a ethernet card and get it online with win95 for now. I think I can make a image of the current OS onto my main computer so that if I mess anything up I can just copy the whole old OS back onto it.
Similar Threads
-
By simonmac2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By jumpyclip in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:02 AM
-
By Ashy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 12:21 AM
-
By Onetrack in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 05:30 AM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95