-
Junior Member
registered user
OK, got a system running. There were a few uncompress errors on install; I expect that I'll need to find those modules and apt-get after i get internet running.
also in making the boot floppy, I got two errors, but it still boots; errors were shell-init and getcwd...both ended with "could not get current (or some such) directory.
Then, in KDE config, I was looking at the kernel panel and got an error "kernel contains invalid configuration rules".
My question: is this enough trash to make it advisable to get another distro CD and re-install?
Anyone care to tell me if those errors are significant?
Finally, I have a username in the system that I've forgot (ALWAYS write them down immediately, dope!!!) I don't suppose it hurts to leave it in there, but there is likely a command that root can use to list and then remove a user. I have a few Linux command summaries, but none shows this command. I know adduser, but not listuser nor deluser 
Thanks for all the tips on getting this thing going.
Fader
Similar Threads
-
By kamal in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 12:30 PM
-
By Domhnull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
-
By delpenn in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:22 PM
-
By dutch noob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 01:47 AM
-
By chronoice001 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Lot of 2 Cisco ASA 5516-X Firepower Firewall Security Appliances TEST TO POWER
$119.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89