-
Knoppix cd wont boot, other bootable cds will
Hi, I'm trying to boot a KnoppMyth cd here but I get the same error with Knoppix STD:
bios info:
cdrom is first boot device
hdd is second
third is disabled
both the A and B drives are set to "None"
boot up floppy seek is set to "Disabled"
heres what I get
-----------begin output-----------------
Verifying DMI Pool Data..................
Boot from CD :
1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(0F)
Boot failed
_
----------end output---------------
I can boot of off a Mandrake Move cd, System Rescue cd 2.8, and my Fedora Core cd but neither Knoppix STD, or KnoppMyth will boot.
I've tried swapping the cdrom drive, and have even tried putting in a different hard drive. I also get the error whether there is a floppy drive connected or not.
Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-7s748
Chipset SIS748
CPU Athlon XP2200+ 1808MHZ
256MB of RAM
Similar Threads
-
By Weetabix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By Bklynjava in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 02:37 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By simmo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By Wayne W in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold
$121.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00