Yes, same type of error, first noted on a 3.2 disk last summer. This 3.3-11-19-2003 disk boots just fine on other machines, just not on my antique built-up-from-scraps box. (Well, the cd drive was new, a Phillips 804.)
I coax it to read the boot sector properly by first confusing it as to where it is: a game of first booting from 3.1, then resetting the BIOS to boot from A:, then back to cd, try the 3.3, or any combination, or pwr-off reset, or saving new BIOS settings, or rewriting the MBR of the drive, or de-or-inserting a USB device, or well you get the picture: confuse the drive controllers until they give in and actually READ the boot sector cleanly, in one read. IF you see it start to read, and then slow down, it's not gonna work. Try again. On my drive, I know it's confused enough when the once/sec flash of the disk-in light glows constant, and then resumes the once/sec when the BIOS displays "Boot from ATAPI CDROM". Poof, here comes 3.3 in a couple seconds. (As I write on this iMac, it's booting for me yet again after a tussle, readying for another attempt at hdinstall.)
I think this problem might have something more to do with the CLOOP technique of compressing all that good stuff onto one disk; I'm not sure, but it appears to need to read out through the filesystem too far, and isn't finding the end of the boot sector, or could be overflowing the drive buffer before it finishes the read... Guess only Klaus knows for sure... I just wish the BIOS would let me extend the time for cd boots before defaulting to C or wherever.
Better get back to my X issues on the ancient SpeedStar64 isa card... Ugh.