-
Orinoco monitor mode
I've looked all over google for existing questions on this topic, but it all comes down to the fact that iwpriv in Knoppix 3.2 doesn't show my Orinoco Silver card as having a monitor feature. Since these drivers are set in stone on the CD and are supposedly already patched, what can I do to fix this? I've also tried (to no avail) my Netgear card, which seems to be a Prism2, but I figured it was more likely to get the Orinoco going at this point.
I've tried kismet_monitor, resetting the card, reinserting it, "iwpriv monitor 2 6", etc. Nothing ever gives me the idea that the orinoco even knows what monitor mode is. I'm using flash software 8.10 on the Orinoco card, and I'm logged in as root while messing around with this stuff.
# iwpriv
lo no private icotls
eth1 Available private ioctl:
force_reset (8BE0) : set 0 ...
card_reset ...
set_port3 ...
get_port3 ...
set_preamble ...
get_preamble ...
set_ibssport ...
get_ibssport ...
Notice that "monitor" isn't listed. Is there a way to confirm that the system is trying to use the patched drivers for the orinoco and not some other kind? Should the card be inserted or removed at boot? Help!
Similar Threads
-
By Irongeek in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2005, 04:21 PM
-
By MasterRyu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 02:54 AM
-
By rubic_cube in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
-
By booty in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 01:52 AM
-
By zlm_us in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 208GB (13x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz
$909.99

SK Hynix HMA82GR7CJR4N 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 2666MHz HMA82GR7CJR4N-VK
$69.99

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00