-
Installed Knoppix to HD and it will not recognize drives
I installed Knoppix 3.3 to my hp pc. It will not recognize my hard-drive second partition my DVD-rom drive, my Lexar Media USB Jumpdrive or my CD-RW. However it recognizes all of the devices when it is running from the bootable CD.
The mirror I downloaded it from was perdue.edu and the md5 file checked out.
what should I do how can I get Linux to recognize the partition (ext3), DVD-ROM, CDRW, and USB device?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It just is not displaying the icons. After a hard drive install, you'll need to go into the control center and find the section that controls what icons to display on the desktop, and add cd/dvds/and hard drive partitions to be displayed.
You may also want to go into the /etc/fstab file and remove the leading # from the bottom section of items discovered by knoppix, that way they will auto-mount when you boot.
-
Thanks for the help!
I put the Icons on the desktop and it tells me all the drives are unmounted and it is still not showing the hda2.
I put disk in all the drives and I cannot get to the CD and when I click mount it freezes up on me.
The Lexar Media Jumpdrive has files on it an when I added all the icons to the desktop nothing showed up for it.
Similar Threads
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By pbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
-
By Phuzion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
-
By Dosmaen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21