Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux

  1. #1

    include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux

    I would like to include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux.

    But each CD I create I want it to have a different GUID (Globally Unique ID) for my application.

    The application requires:
    Sun Java 1.4 or higher must be installed and accessible from the account in which the agent will run (available at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html).

    The application files are:
    agent.jar
    agent.properties
    CapCal.keystore

    I need to create a directory named capcal on a unix account into where I can download the agent files: agent.jar, agent.properties, and CapCal.keystore

    I need to manually edit the agent.properties file to create a unique identifier (GUID).

    I would like the application to start on load. To run the application, from the prompt I need to switch directories to the capcal directory and type:

    java -jar agent.jar
    To run without supervision, using nohup:
    nohup java -jar agent.jar

    Does anyone know how to set this up and make is easy for me to burn additional copies?

    Thank You!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by mybootdisks_com
    I would like to include an application in my custom Knoppix Linux.

    The application files are:
    agent.jar
    agent.properties
    CapCal.keystore

    I need to manually edit the agent.properties file to create a unique identifier (GUID).
    You could remaster unique copies of Knoppix, but that is way too much work, Instead, I suggest you investigate http://klik.berlios.de/ - there is an application called "JAP", it is also a .jar as you describe and it is downloaded to your home directory & run "on the fly" without need for remastering.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1
    Instead of saving the GUID in the compressed KNOPPIX image, you could either store it directly on the CD, and access it from /cdrom, or even in the initrd image. That way you would not have to change the compressed image each time you remaster.

Similar Threads

  1. linux package = windows application?
    By caminoix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
  2. Software application KNOPPIX
    By redbiro in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
  4. Another Custom Knoppix (MEPIS Linux)!
    By qa1433 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 07:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 08:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50