Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: You're my last hope!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    9

    You're my last hope!

    I have a problem with internet configuration. I usualy connect with LAN, but i don't know how to use informations from "control panel => network settings" in Knoppix. I think in Knoppix I can connect only with dial-up. I tried to connect in cyber (internet cafe) using proxy and Lan with server just like in windows, but I don't know where to enter these values.

    I know I am such a newbie, but help!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    You first have to check if you receive an ip.
    If working on a lan that is DHCP enabled (meaning that there is a server on the network that gives you an ip adress).
    You can check this by typing in a command window : ipconfig -a .
    If you don't have an ip adress (something like 192.168.xxx.xxx ) it could mean :

    -knoppix didn't find your networkdriver
    -there is no dhcp server on your network. In this case enter the ip adress yourself . Go to K=>Knoppix=>network,internet=>network card configuration. Enter now the ip-adress of the range you are working in.

    That are only the most common problems,that may occur on a network.
    Without receiving more info about your network it is impossible to give proper feedback.

    Hope this'll help ...

    greetzzzzz.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    9
    So: i have my IP, my number of gateway, netmask, dhcp, dns and wins. Now, where should i enter it in Knoppix?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    Does knoppix recognize your nic card. If so then use the lan configurator, and it will do it automatically for you.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    9
    Where is it? I found wireless lan configurator but i have no wireless lan card... Where is Lan Configurator? And what is NIC Card?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Where is it? I found wireless lan configurator but i have no wireless lan card... Where is Lan Configurator? And what is NIC Card?
    Try K-->KNOPPIX-->Network/internet-->Network card configuration

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    9
    I've already done it, but my proxy server needs to autorize it. When I open some page it says that ISA server need to be autorized and could not fullfill my request or something like that. I can not connect even my comunicator in Windows cause of the due of proxy autorize data. Where should I look for these info?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by reilord
    I've already done it, but my proxy server needs to autorize it. When I open some page it says that ISA server need to be autorized and could not fullfill my request or something like that. I can not connect even my comunicator in Windows cause of the due of proxy autorize data. Where should I look for these info?
    Kmenu -> Settings -> Control Center -> Internet & Network -> Proxy.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    9
    I'm stupid but not so much! I've done it, but mozilla opens the default startpage like in IE but i can not open anything else. Every adres I write opens this one page. And says that it could not open the gate cause of these proxy autorization.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by reilord
    I'm stupid but not so much! I've done it, but mozilla opens the default startpage like in IE but i can not open anything else. Every adres I write opens this one page. And says that it could not ope if that n the gate cause of these proxy autorization.
    I'm not sure if that has any effect on mozilla, might be only for konqueror.
    Check in edit->preferences->advanced->proxies in mozilla.
    As to your level of knowledge it is hard to determine that based on just a few questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. netgear ha501!!! Is there hope???
    By xaviers2002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:31 AM
  2. Loosing hope.. dhcp is not working :( HELP !
    By fordfasterr in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 03:44 PM
  3. An easy one (I hope!) for you guys
    By ryans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
  4. Gnoppix question (Hope someone can help)
    By ido50 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:41 PM
  5. With Knoppix and ISDN on the internet .... I hope
    By joep d. in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205 picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205

$317.56



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4 picture

Dell PowerEdge T440 Tower Server 2x Intel Gold 5118 and 128GB 2400MHZ DDR4

$1840.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99