-
Junior Member
registered user
SATA works from CD, not from HD ?!
Hello, I am running a new computer with a primary IDE hard drive, and two SATA hard drives. When I run Knoppix 3.3 from CD, I can mount these two SATA hard drives fine. However, i did a knx-hdinstall and when I boot from the hard drive, these SATA drives won't mount. In fact, they freeze the whole machine. They *DO* still work if I boot from CD.
What could be the problem?
Here are the errors I get when I boot from hard drive and try to mount them:
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status = 0x20
hde: timeout waiting from dma
hde: status error: status = 0x58
hde: drive not ready for command
hde: status error: status = 0xd8
ide2: reset phy, status=0x00000113, siimage_reset
Thank you for any help!! I don't want to have to boot from CD for the rest of my life!
Similar Threads
-
By Alterscape in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 02:44 AM
-
By rcook in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM
-
By yvinu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By fourthirtysix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Sangoma S705 VoIP Phone POE (AC adapter sold separately)
$198.82