Hello, I am running a new computer with a primary IDE hard drive, and two SATA hard drives. When I run Knoppix 3.3 from CD, I can mount these two SATA hard drives fine. However, i did a knx-hdinstall and when I boot from the hard drive, these SATA drives won't mount. In fact, they freeze the whole machine. They *DO* still work if I boot from CD.
What could be the problem?
Here are the errors I get when I boot from hard drive and try to mount them:
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status = 0x20
hde: timeout waiting from dma
hde: status error: status = 0x58
hde: drive not ready for command
hde: status error: status = 0xd8
ide2: reset phy, status=0x00000113, siimage_reset
Thank you for any help!! I don't want to have to boot from CD for the rest of my life!

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99