Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31

    Knoppix 3.3

    OK I dl 3.3 and when I insert the disc in D drive all I get is what looks like an advertisment for Knoppix ? Now where do I go from here? I dont think my old computer will bood from Bios

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    if you check your D: drive you should find a folder called KNOPPIX
    in that you find a file called mkfloppy.bat, just run that with a empty formatted floppy in A: .
    if all went well you should hear the floppy being written to when that stops (may take a while) you can reboot.
    Now knoppix should start from that floppy. if it does not work, let us know.
    oh, how old is your computer? y PII 233 could boot from CD.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20

    Re: Knoppix 3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by proto
    OK I dl 3.3 and when I insert the disc in D drive all I get is what looks like an advertisment for Knoppix ? Now where do I go from here? I dont think my old computer will bood from Bios
    did you insert the CD while being under windows ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM picture

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM

$344.97



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99