-
Junior Member
registered user
SATA works from CD, not from HD ?!
Hello, I am running a new computer with a primary IDE hard drive, and two SATA hard drives. When I run Knoppix 3.3 from CD, I can mount these two SATA hard drives fine. However, i did a knx-hdinstall and when I boot from the hard drive, these SATA drives won't mount. In fact, they freeze the whole machine. They *DO* still work if I boot from CD.
What could be the problem?
Here are the errors I get when I boot from hard drive and try to mount them:
hde: dma_timer_expiry: dma status = 0x20
hde: timeout waiting from dma
hde: status error: status = 0x58
hde: drive not ready for command
hde: status error: status = 0xd8
ide2: reset phy, status=0x00000113, siimage_reset
Thank you for any help!! I don't want to have to boot from CD for the rest of my life!
Similar Threads
-
By Alterscape in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By lbenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 02:44 AM
-
By rcook in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM
-
By yvinu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By fourthirtysix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00