-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: CAN NOT get on the internet

Originally Posted by
Kung
I just loaded Knoppix on my hard drive, and it worked absolutely BEAUTIFULLY.
EXCEPT for the modem. (And I've seen this same problem with SuSE, by the way.) If I designate the modem as ttyS0, with hardware flow control and CR/LF (or CR or LF), and query the modem, it will say "Modem Ready" and will go through the AT's, up to AT7 and then display absolutely nothing for the AT's.
If I attempt to log onto the Internet, it says "Modem Ready" and "Initializing Modem..." and the log window just says "Expecting OK" and nothing else.
I've played with just about every setting I can think of, and still no joy. Any ideas?
Edited to add: My dumb @$$ forgot to note that it's an internal US Robotics Performance Pro 56K V.92 controller controller based modem, model # USR5610. It works FINE under EVERY OTHER distribution EXCEPT SuSE and (at least for now) Knoppix.
Sorry, but the correct model number for that modem would be "USR5610B"
Just letting you know, I have the same one and the same problems too.
On another note, do you use that modem with windows? Im having some problems with ControlCenter that is really pissing me off. Just would like to know how the install went for you.
Similar Threads
-
By Expera in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 06:58 PM
-
By jonathan184th in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 01:19 PM
-
By oomzoo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 08:01 PM
-
By MetalliMyers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00