-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.3 only creates one partition with the ext3 f
Hello
Right now I am still running SuSe 8.2 with the following hard
disk configuration
/dev/hda6 7341440 5870408 1471032 80% /
/dev/hda8 1172672 723876 448796 62% /home
/dev/hda6 on / type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/hda8 on /home type reiserfs (rw)
Hda7 is the swap partition.
Now I wanted not to touch this partitions but to install
knoppix on hda6 with reiserfs.
I booted the
New Knoppix release V3.3-2003-11-19
everything went fine.
The installation program seems to me knoppix installer run as root, I
can then have a look at the configuration and the hard disk partition,
everything is fine, but when I select install, knoppix offers me to
install the system on hda6 with ext3, no option for reiserfs!!!
Additionally a message occurs that /hda7 and /hda8 will be used as
swap, which is not what I want /dev/hda8 is my home directory.
What did I miss?
Thanks
Uwe Brauer
-
Senior Member
registered user
Which installer are you using?
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fingers99
Which installer are you using?
I did not emphasize enough:
knoppix-installer
I did not find any other, I heard about harddisk installer or so, but this I did not
find on the CD
-
Senior Member
registered user
knx-hdinstall is the other one, it supports reiserfs
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
windos_no_thanks
knx-hdinstall is the other one, it supports reiserfs
thanks
ok i try that one just wondering why the knoppix installer is nice but so restrictive,
-
Knoppix-installer is the better script in my opinion. When you use it it tells you that some setting can only be changed by editing a saved configuration file.
Run the script, configure the installation and then save it.
Navigate to /home/knoppix and edit the file with a text editor.
Change filesystem type to reiser, default=ext3. Swap config can be altered although knoppix does this automattically at boot up anyway.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kelmo
Knoppix-installer is the better script in my opinion. When you use it it tells you that some setting can only be changed by editing a saved configuration file.
Run the script, configure the installation and then save it.
Navigate to /home/knoppix and edit the file with a text editor.
Change filesystem type to reiser, default=ext3. Swap config can be altered although knoppix does this automattically at boot up anyway.
Hello,
thanks for this one.
I could give this a try, but I also prefer always to have a /home partition apart, I presume
this can be done also.
Still I think it would be best if both installers could be merged, or just to add to the
knoppix installer the possibilty of chosing the partition and their type.
It is a little strange to have to nice installers but both are not perfect, but could be enhanced
as it seems to me easily.
Similar Threads
-
By leoneill in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 10:48 AM
-
By wartiger in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 15
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 08:54 AM
-
By viet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:16 PM
-
By DrMartinus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case
$99.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

Vintage IBM ThinkPad T41 Laptop Pentium M 1.60GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB HDD, Win XP
$129.99

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59