Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kde>ctrl center>peripherals>display doesn't work: d

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8

    kde>ctrl center>peripherals>display doesn't work: d

    hello,
    I just installed Knoppix on the hard drive of a laptop (looks like I'm using Debian now because of the hd install), and I've gotten it booted into KDE successfully, but the screen resolution is too big (I think it's 640x480). I remember when going through the steps of the install, it asked for me to check off the possible screen resolutions the laptop supported and I checked off both 640x480 & 800x600. I need to change it to 800x600, but when I go into the KDE control center > Peripherals > display, the mouse icon (which is an X) just spins/thinks for several seconds, then no screen comes up for me to change the resolution from. Could someone please help me with the steps I need to follow to get the screen resolution from 640x480 to 800x600. Thank you in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    You have to be logged in as root. Or I think you can su xdisplay * not sure though. Just log in as root --easiest.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the assistance.
    When you say "su xdisplay *", do I open up a terminal box while logged into KDE under a user name (not root) and enter this command or do something different? And what happens when I enter su xdisplay * ?

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.4 Freezes during initializing peripherals
    By Aldago in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 07:11 PM
  2. Ctrl-Alt-FX doesnt work..
    By Wonko in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 02:48 AM
  3. ctrl-alt-F1.........F6 don't work
    By abd_bela in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 12:29 PM
  4. Control Center settings won't work with USB Mouse
    By electronicjason in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 06:09 AM
  5. Peripherals settings
    By x in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



LOT OF 18 Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V ECC REG M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Q Server Memory picture

LOT OF 18 Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V ECC REG M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Q Server Memory

$5399.99



HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$189.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98