-
kde>ctrl center>peripherals>display doesn't work: d
hello,
I just installed Knoppix on the hard drive of a laptop (looks like I'm using Debian now because of the hd install), and I've gotten it booted into KDE successfully, but the screen resolution is too big (I think it's 640x480). I remember when going through the steps of the install, it asked for me to check off the possible screen resolutions the laptop supported and I checked off both 640x480 & 800x600. I need to change it to 800x600, but when I go into the KDE control center > Peripherals > display, the mouse icon (which is an X) just spins/thinks for several seconds, then no screen comes up for me to change the resolution from. Could someone please help me with the steps I need to follow to get the screen resolution from 640x480 to 800x600. Thank you in advance!
-
Junior Member
registered user
You have to be logged in as root. Or I think you can su xdisplay * not sure though. Just log in as root --easiest.
-
Thanks for the assistance.
When you say "su xdisplay *", do I open up a terminal box while logged into KDE under a user name (not root) and enter this command or do something different? And what happens when I enter su xdisplay * ?
Similar Threads
-
By Aldago in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 07:11 PM
-
By Wonko in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-16-2004, 02:48 AM
-
By abd_bela in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By electronicjason in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 06:09 AM
-
By x in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99