Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Installed Knoppix to HD and it will not recognize drives

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    Installed Knoppix to HD and it will not recognize drives

    I installed Knoppix 3.3 to my hp pc. It will not recognize my hard-drive second partition my DVD-rom drive, my Lexar Media USB Jumpdrive or my CD-RW. However it recognizes all of the devices when it is running from the bootable CD.

    The mirror I downloaded it from was perdue.edu and the md5 file checked out.
    what should I do how can I get Linux to recognize the partition (ext3), DVD-ROM, CDRW, and USB device?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    It just is not displaying the icons. After a hard drive install, you'll need to go into the control center and find the section that controls what icons to display on the desktop, and add cd/dvds/and hard drive partitions to be displayed.

    You may also want to go into the /etc/fstab file and remove the leading # from the bottom section of items discovered by knoppix, that way they will auto-mount when you boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the help!
    I put the Icons on the desktop and it tells me all the drives are unmounted and it is still not showing the hda2.
    I put disk in all the drives and I cannot get to the CD and when I click mount it freezes up on me.
    The Lexar Media Jumpdrive has files on it an when I added all the icons to the desktop nothing showed up for it.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get Knoppix 3.4 to recognize nic
    By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
  2. KDE does not recognize CD and CDR drives after HD install
    By pbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
  3. Making Knoppix 3.3 recognize USB Keyboards
    By Phuzion in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
  4. Geforce 5200- How to get knoppix to recognize it
    By Dosmaen in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards picture

Vintage California Computer Systems Boards for S-100 Terminiator Cards

$145.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00