-
Senior Member
registered user
PocketPC syncing with SynCE and patching the kernel driver.
I need help.
The instructions at http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/usbpatch.php are for patching the kernel driver so that you can establish a usb connection to your pocketPC. The problem is that as far as I understand, this requries the kernel source. I can't make a working kernel source. I have tried for days and frankly after reinstalling linux 8 times in 72 hours, I'm not interested in trying again. Last time, which I thought went just fine, left my computer unbotable.
What I want to know, is if, judgeing by the instructions at the website above, there is some other way to add the appropriate lines to the kernel and how I can go about doing that. My vender ID is 413c and my product ID is 4001 At the moment my linux install is not bootable because of my last attempt at making a kernel and it will stay that way untill I have time for reinstall number 9.
I would appreciate any plain english help. Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By tonycooles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By Mathieu7-7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 03:33 PM
-
By probono in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:13 PM
-
By msnxsw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01