-
WoW!
About five years ago I tried Linux, several distros, and the only reason at that time that I did not stick to it was because Intuit's Quickbooks did not work with Linux, and there were no other comparable alternatives available.
With the exception of Toshiba (controlled by M$) laptops, I have never had any major problems installing and customizing Linux
I am now running all my personal PC's on knoppix, as well as all my office PC's. I do not have any non Linux apps, with the exception of Quickbooks, and for that, I give great thanks to Wine, life is great, the staff like it when the computers run 24/7, and can access their systems from home, and each other's terminals.
after mine own beard growing learning curve, I helped the staff in the transition with the exception of one, but then that educationally challenged chap needs a mouse to operate the microwave.
Similar Threads
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
-
By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By protector in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By Jux in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87