-
Windows XP is a nightmare
Up until about 6 months ago, I was a MS user. I knew and understood the operating system, but I got sick of all the bullshit associated with it and needed a switch. I've been through about 12 - 15 different distros, looking for the right one for me, and I haven't had ANY problems installing them. I find that if you actually ummm....READ the instructions and follow them, it is quite easy.
Even if doing a text-based install is too difficult for a XP user, who'se obviously attracted to the bright colors and flashy graphics, much as a mentally retarded person would be, I've found that the blag! distro has a very nice GTK based installer, that does everything for you, right down to creating the swap partitions. Just a few simple clicks. Come to think about it, VectorLinux does it too. Boy, I think Knoppix and OverClockix were really easy to install.
FreeBSD gave me some problems, but after a quick scan of the online install guide, I found out about the automatic partitioning of that too.
What I'm trying to say is, if you have been trying for FOUR years, four f*king years, you have some serious problems. There is a good chance that you shouldn't even own a computer right now, do to the inherant safety hazards that you pose to yourself and others with your ignorance.
Similar Threads
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
-
By gpevc1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By MrBug in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By protector in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By Jux in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95