I don't know what I did, but the break points started working.
Thanks anyway
pete
Don't know which forum I should goto. Problem is in Debugging breakpoints in KDevelop programs.
Program compiles & runs fine in Knoppix.
When a breakpoint is set in "main.cpp", program stops on the breakpoint as it should, when running in "debug" mode.
When a breakpoint is set in some other class, the program ignores it, again running in "debug" mode even though the breakpoint is properly listed under "Breakpoint".
This problem does not show up in RH 7.3 with the same program.
Everything is slick in Knoppix and I would love to get rid of RH.
Is the problem one of configuration or is there a bug somewhere?
Thanks to anyone who can help. Right now I am dead in the water.
pete
I don't know what I did, but the break points started working.
Thanks anyway
pete

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00